Call For Nominations - VLDB Journal Editor-in-Chief for Europe
The VLDBJ is managed jointly by three Editors-in-Chief, one from each of the US, Europe, and Asia. Nominations are now invited for the VLDBJ EIC for Europe. The term is for a 6-year term, starting September 1, 2014.
- Divesh Srivastava, AT&T (Chair)
- Tiziana Catarci, University of Roma, La Sapienza, Italy
- Tova Milo, Tel-aviv University
Nominations must be received by the Nomination Committee Chair by June 1, 2014.
Nominations are required to include name, address, and email of the candidate who is nominated. Nominators are encouraged (but not required) to include the following supporting information:
- a paragraph justifying the nomination,
- a brief cv (2 pages and with at most 10 publications), and
- names and contact information of other people who support the nomination.
In addition, the nomination committee may subsequently request a vision statement and a cv. These supporting documents may also be included at the time of nomination.
Self nominations are allowed.
The official call can be found here.
New submission deadline for "Special Issue on Data-Intensive Cloud Infrastructure"
The deadline for "Special Issue on Data-Intensive Cloud Infrastructure" has been extended to September 22nd, 2013 (24:00 PST).
"Special Issue on Structured, Social and Crowd-sourced Data on the Web" in progress
A new special issue - "Special Issue on Structured, Social and Crowd-sourced Data on the Web" - is in progress. Submission deadline is September 15th, 2012.
All information about this special issue can be found here.
Accepted Articles for the Special Issue on Data Management for Mobile Services
The following articles have been accepted to the "Special Issue on Data Management for Mobile Services":
- Efficient Real-Time Trajectory Tracking
Ralph Lange, Frank Dürr, Kurt Rothermel
- Direction-Based Surrounder Queries for Mobile Recommendations
Xi Guo, Baihua Zheng, Yoshiharu Ishikawa, Yunjun Gao
- Sequenced Spatiotemporal Aggregation for Coarse Query Granularities
Igor Timko, Michael Böhlen, Johann Gamper
- Indexing in-Network Trajectory Flows
Iulian Sandu Popa, Karine Zeitouni, Vincent Oria, Dominique Barth, Sandrine Vial
- Unveiling the Complexity of Human Mobility by Querying and Mining Massive Trajectory Data
Fosca Giannotti, Mirco Nanni, Dino Pedreschi, Fabio Pinelli, Chiara Renso, Salvatore Rinzivillo, Roberto Trasarti
- Ranking Continuous Nearest Neighbors for Uncertain Trajectories
Goce Trajcevski, Roberto Tamassia, Isabel F. Cruz, Peter Scheuermann, David Hartglass, Christopher Zamierowski